The Babysitting Course
We suggest using a desktop, laptop or tablet for this course for the best user experience.
The Babysitting Course will properly prepare you to become a great babysitter! Our focus is to give you the confidence and skills necessary to keep kids safe, happy and healthy while they are in your care.
This is a fully online course that can be completed within 5 hours (depending on the learner). Modules are interactive, modern and fun! Videos and interactive activities will keep you engaged as you work your way through each module. This is the most important job you'll ever have - so we make sure you are prepared to take on this new challenge.
Recommended for ages 12 - 16.
License provides access to the course for one year from purchase.
The Qualities of a Great Babysitter
- How to interview with parents
- Preparing for any babysitting job
Understanding the Needs of Children
- What to expect from different age groups
- Choosing age appropriate activities
- Being attentive to individual needs
Caring for Children
- The importance of following rules and routines
- Skill for safely feeding, toileting, bathing and entertaining children
- How to communicate with children and resolve conflict
Staying Safe on the Job
- How to spot different dangers around the house
- What to do when strangers come to the door
- Pool and trampoline safety
- Road and traffic safety
- Becoming a ‘First Aider’
- Items in a First Aid Kit
- Steps for deciding if it is an emergency
- When and how to make a 911 call
Basic First Aid
- First aid for minor and more severe bleeding
- First aid for allergies and using an EpiPen
- What to do for seizures, asthma and diabetes
- What to do when a child is choking
- How to treat a variety of different injuries with basic first aid
- Introduction to CPR and how to use an AED