Ohio Level 2 Certification in Food Protection
This course helps food managers in Ohio understand food safety issues, regulations, techniques needed to maintain a food-safe environment, and how to be effective in food safety management. This course is approved by the Ohio Department of Health for Level 2 Certification in Food Protection and fulfills the requirement for 15 hour training. This course does not include an exam. To complete the certification, you'll also need to pass the Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification Exam, or another ANSI-CFP accredited exam.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to effectively:
- Discuss Food Safety, its importance, and those who enforce it
- Identify Foodborne Illness and Its Causes
- Identify Biological, Physical, and Chemical Contamination
- Describe Preservation and Temperature Control
- Discuss the Importance of Proper Personal Hygiene in the Workplace
- Implement Appropriate Procedures to Receive and Store Food
- Discuss Cleaning, Sanitization, Pest Control and Facility Design
- Create and Implement The HACCP System.
After completing this course you will receive a certificate of completion. It will be sent via email. Remember to also pass the Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification Exam, or another ANSI-CFP exam, to complete your Level 2 Certification.
Each lesson has a 10 questions quiz. You must score 70% on each lesson quiz to proceed to the next lesson.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Foods and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: Applying HACCP Principles to a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 12: Regulatory Compliance and Documentation.